FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Beautiful items! Can you design a backsplash according to my size requirements?
Yes, we are able to take many of the works found in our backsplash section and adapt them to meet your size requirements. Please consider size ratios if you wish to keep consistent with the design of you liking. Ratios are still not that big of an issue because our artists are well versed in making a design work to go beyond your expectations. In addition, we will always send you pictures of your backsplash upon completion and prior to dispatch, for your final approval. Considering the work and effort required to do this type of specialized work, ShopTurkey.com still remains very affordable. So, don't be shy, send us an email with your size requirements to info@ShopTurkey.com and we will return quickly with a quote.
- Are your ceramic tiles hand or machine made?
Our ceramic tiles are of two varieties. Both of exceptional make and highest quality. You will not be disappointed. Our machine made tiles are print dry press ceramic tiles. These are lesser price as they are straight ceramic. However, all models reflect amazing color and styles of the Ottoman centuries. There are a multitude of styles in the traditional 20x20cm size. You will find these models here. We also provide outstanding border tiles to match in 10x20cm or 20x20cm sizes. Borders and corners may be seen here. As well, we offer impressive mural works in dry press ceramic, which make this art possible for everyone to have. You may view these beautiful works here. All models and styles can usually be adapted to meet customer size requirements, but we suggest you first contact us to discuss your project needs.
We also provide world famous hand made Iznik Quartz tiles. Iznik Quartz is the top of the line when considering luster and strength. These tiles are heavier, thicker and extremely sturdy. They last a lifetime. These tiles may be made to any size or shape your project requires, so in this way we are quite flexible. Please contact us directly for more information and to receive a quote. In addition art, color schemes, calligraphic styles and themes are all possible.
All our tiles are heat resistant, water proof and may be used for both indoor and outdoor application.
- Should I order extra tiles when I place my order, just in case?
Even for a tiling expert, buying the bare minimum amount of tile needed to cover the wall or floor isn’t going to cut it. When purchasing our wall, floor or border tiles many scenarios warrant a little extra. (This does not include Floral Art Backsplashes):
* You may need extra tiles to create tile fragments to fill in corners of wall or floor where a full tile won’t fit.
* Some of the tiles you buy may already be broken on arrival. (Although we take great care in packaging our product; the handling of our boxes in delivery systems is out of our control. It’s not uncommon for two to three percent of tiles sold in boxes to be broken or chipped!)
* You may snap a tile while cutting or laying one, or repairing one that has cracked.
* You may need a fresh tile to replace one that comes loose after install.
* Your tile may get discontinued down the road. If tile of the specific color or style you chose is later discontinued, you’ll be relieved to have some matching tiles on hand to use as replacements; without them, you may have to re-tile the whole floor or wall or replace faulty tiles with tiles that don’t match those already installed.
Buying at least 10 percent more tile than you calculated should cover you. Multiply the tile figure you calculated in the previous step by 1.1, and then round up if the figure is a decimal. So, if you figured you would need eight boxes of tile, buy nine boxes instead (8 x 1.1). If you calculated the need for 200 tiles, buy 220 instead (200 x 1.1).
Budget up to 20 percent of a buffer if you’re attempting a more unique pattern like herringbone or a diagonal offset. Installing tile diagonally in these patterns (i.e., at a 45-degree angle from the base of the wall or floor) instead of horizontally (where the edge of the tile meets the edge of the floor or wall) generally leaves more tile fragments.
- How long will it take for me to receive and order placed with your company?
Depending on product and order size, our transit and delivery time frames usually run between 8-18 days. Item in stock will ship faster. All orders come to you directly from Turkey; so considering the distance and the unique nature of the products we offer, it's really not that much of a wait. You will receive an email from us, first advising the processing of your order. Then, that it has been completed, packed, and awaiting shipment. Next, once your order has been turned over to the courier, and after export customs clearance has been completed; you will receive updated tracking information on your order. Note: Your credit card will only be charged after we receive a confirmation from our artists that production of your order has begun, and an estimated completion date is verified. If you are interested and upon request, we'll be happy to send pictures of your murals as they are being produced.
- Why do I receive two shipping notifications, and please explain what the statuses mean.
Our order status information flow is as follows:
- Awaiting Payment (usually the first notification send when order made via credit card. We do not charge card until your items are made, inspected, and ready to ship)
- Awaiting Fulfillment (notification means we are in the process of making or arranging your order. This status may remain anywhere from 2-5 days)
- Awaiting Shipment (notification means that your items are packed and ready for shipping. This status may remain anywhere from 3-4 days)
- Shipped (without tracking number notification means goods have been shipped from Turkey. For certain countries like USA we must clear your order in with Customs in US prior to updating tracking information. Usually this tracking information is updated immediately after Customs has cleared the product and occurs the day after shipping notification)
- Shipped (with tracking number is the last notification to confirm your order has been shipped and may be tracked up to final delivery)
- Can tiles be used outdoor? What about floor?
Yes, our wall tiling is durable in both in and outdoor environments to be used to tile walls in pools or fountains. Our wall tiling is NOT TO BE USED ON FLOOR, as does not have mandatory slip proof materials required in all floor tiling. For floor tiles please visit the floor tile section of our store. We are able to produce any wall tile design for the floor, so there are many alternatives available. Send your design request to us via e-mail.
- Can I purchase an item and send it as a gift on this website?
Yes, our products make wonderful gifts that last a lifetime. Just write the delivery information of the person you want the package to be sent to in the "ship to" field in the billing screen, and we'll do the rest. For additional directions, you may write a "delivery by" or "include card" in the Comments section. We'll be in contact with you to make sure your gift is perfect!
- Will my credit card information be given to a country outside the USA?
Absolutely not. Your credit card transactions are made with a US Bank and settlements are handled within the USA.
Regarding payment security, ShopTurkey.com uses secure payment system and all transactions are handled in a secure online environment. Please review our security policy to address any concerns you may have concerning security measures at this site.
- If I want to speak with your company do I have to call Turkey?
ShopTurkey.com is a corporation in the state of Florida.
We used to have a toll free number but since we repeatedly receive calls for Canadian Tire we've dropped it. You may either chat with an online representative or leave a message, or you can send us an email and we'll get back quickly, if you really need to speak to someone leave us a number and we'll call you back. You can also call toll free +1 866/SHOP TUR or WhatsApp +1 239/293-4923 and you will find a helpful representative to assist with any questions you have.
- Who should I contact to see when my item will be finished or shipped?
There is no need to contact ShopTurkey.com for order or shipping information. We will be in regular contact with you from the minute you place your order up to final delivery. But if you have a question write us at info@ShopTurkey.com.
- Why do I receive a "Complete your order email" and how can I stop it?
This email is automatically generated by out system to remind you of your interest and possible purchase. We never press customers to purchase or SPAM mail. All email provided us are confidential and we hold the protection of privacy to the highest regard. However do know that if you do leave items in your shopping cart, you will continue to receive the emails. Our suggestion is to re-visit your shopping cart and empty it and the system will not send a remainder.
- What if I receive the item and it is broken?
All items are packed according to international shipping standards and shipped insured. The possibility of damage to your shipment during transport is very small. If shipping damage is evident at delivery, you may refuse the shipment. Please read our return policy for more information on how to quickly resolve a damaged merchandise situation in the case you find damage after you've accepted the package. Not to worry. Send us a picture of the damage tile(s) and we will immediately send replacements to you free of charge.
At ShopTurkey.com customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
- I am looking for mosaic lamps and lighting products, do you sell these? If so how can I order?
ShopTurkey.com is your portal to shopping in Turkey. We can provide you with whatever items you are looking for in the Turkish market. Click on, and fill out your request in the CONTACT form. Let us know what you are looking for. We'll be in contact with you concerning how to obtain it. A quick and easy way to shop in Turkey with ShopTurkey.com.